Viruses inside flashdrives have auto execute capabilities / Autoruns. If a flashdrive is improperly opened or accessed, the virus will execute itself and infects the system resulting to the computer’s freezing and slowing down, duplication of unknown and harmful files, unusual behavior and even shutting down.
What to Know/Do:
1. Avoid double-clicking or right-clicking your flashdrive in the My Computer.
2. Scan your flashdrive with an updated Anti-virus before accessing its contents.
3. Avoid Opening your computer from the Flashdrive Options Dialog Box (the small window that appears and prompts for an action just after inserting the Flashdrive).
4. Avoid clicking unknown/suspicious files inside folders.
5. Even if your flashdrive is scanned by an Anti-virus, there’s still a 50% possibility that a virus still exists inside. Always remember 1, 2 & 3.
6. You can delete a suspected virus file by Clicking Shift+Delete on the keyboard.
To Avoid Virus Infection From Flashdrives: (Click the Link Below to Download or View Instructions in pdf format)